CONTEMPORARY MINIMAL VERTICAL LINES OF CRAFTMANSHIP, MAKING EVERY AREA FEEL LARGER & COMPLETE
Contact our expert sales team firstname.lastname@example.org
+353 1 8427669
RED CEDAR SHINGLES
Shingles Pack 2.3 sqm **
€ 175.00 per pack + VAT
**Price based on 2.3 sqm coverage standard 5″ (127mm) exposure
*PRICES ARE GENERAL GUIDELINES, HOWEVER, MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITH FLUCTUATIONS IN MARKET PRICES & AVAILABILITY
Please ensure when ordering that you make an allowance for wastage. We recommend adding an additional 10-15% over and above your initial requirements.
WESTERN RED CEDAR
A North American softwood that grows slowly. Its natural durability and long life span make it a good choice for shakes and shingles. Grown in renewable forests that are carefully managed, Cedar has a natural resistance to decay and is pitch-free. One of the many features that make it ideal for the production of shingles and or shakes is that it can be cut into long planks that have a straight grain.
Cedar wood has a superior insulation quality due to its low density, it is a clear choice over other woods when weather resistance and aesthetic qualities are desired. Cedar retains dimensional stability, is light in weight and is easy to work with.
Stocked in the highest grade, “Number 1 Blue Label”, in the normal UK / Irish dimension. FiveX 16″.
– Kiln Dried
– 100% Heartwood
– 100% Clear
– 100% Vertical Grain
– Can be preservative treated to order
Shingles come in bundles of random widths; each bundle will cover 25 ft² when laid at the normal exposure of 5″, which is suitable for roof pitches of 18° or steeper.
Its durability makes it a more attractive, light weight choice than many more traditional wall and roof tiling options. With a proven track record of durability, resistance to harsh weather conditions and warmth, red cedar shingles and shakes possess the superior qualities that make them ideal for wall cladding and roofing.
Given the rising interest in the use of environmentally friendly products, cedar shingles are a clear choice, as they have a long life due to good resistance to fungitoxic extractives when subjected to normal UK and Irish weather conditions.
CEDAR SHINGLES BOARDS & RIDGE BOARDS.
|SHINGLE PACK||2.3sqm||N/A||€ 175.00|
|RIDGE PACK||N/A||4800mm||€ 165.00|
← SWIPE LEFT TO VIEW FULL TABLE ON MOBILES
- Colour: Palette of rich, warm wood tones, which vary from light amber to dark reddish-brown.
- Vertical grain (VG): Vertical grain wood has superior properties to flat grain. It has better dimensional stability, better resistance to UV degradation, very low surface cracking and checking, and better finish absorption and retention qualities.
- Durability: When properly finished and maintained, Western Red Cedar will deliver decades of trouble-free service. It has a decay resistance of durability class 2 (durable) according to the EN 113 standard.
- Stability: Western Red Cedar has excellent dimensional stability because of its low wood density and shrinkage factor. Shrinkage and swelling are minimal, displaying only small movements with changes in humidity.
- Density: The wood of Western Red Cedar is light, weighing 330 to 340 kg/m3 when kiln-dried (12-15% moisture content).
- Thermal properties: Wood generally is an excellent thermal insulator, but Western Red Cedar has a particularly good insulation value because of its low wood density. Its coefficient of thermal conductivity (k) is 0.11 W/m °C at 12% moisture content.
- Acoustic properties: Western Red Cedar is particularly effective when used as interior panelling to dampen vibrations and absorb sound.
- Kiln-dried: Western Red Cedar is kiln-dried, giving it many advantages. The process improves dimensional stability, permits the immediate application of a coating, and enables installation with minimal site acclimatisation.
- Grading: Virtually knot-free, all heartwood, and all vertical grain, making it the highest quality Western Red Cedar cladding available anywhere.
- Sourcing/certification: Western Red Cedar is sourced from the most sustainably managed forests in the world in British Columbia, Canada, and comes with PEFC certification.
DELIVERY TERMS & CONDITIONS
We deliver material from our fleet of transport, we also use external haulage companies.
DELIVERY CHARGES AS FOLLOWS:
( PER 4 FOOT)
ALL PRICES QUOTED ARE € PRICE +VAT | 4′ pallet space = €50 + VAT
← SWIPE LEFT TO VIEW FULL TABLE ON MOBILES
If any items you order are not available we will contact you and discuss how you wish to proceed. This will be via your provided telephone number or email address.
Deliveries will not be made where the ground condition is uneven, not suitable to unload or likely to cause damage to any of our vehicles.
We will not leave products on public property unless written consent is provided by the relevant authority confirming agreement of delivery to location.
A signature is required on delivery. However, goods can be left without being signed for when a prior arrangement has been made between Timber Ireland and the customer.
Timber Ireland will not accept responsibility for goods which are lost or stolen after they have been delivered in accordance with any prior arrangement.
Deliveries are to kerbside only and orders will be cancelled if the delivery vehicle is unable to safely access the delivery address.
RETURNS & CANCELLATION
Please keep your invoice for anything you buy from us. It will ensure we can help you, if you wish to return goods, the product must be unused and in resale condition.
Returned goods are subject to a 15% restocking charge.
Orders which are cut, machined or made to measure to your requirements will not be exchanged or refunded. We reserve the right to refuse a return or to require proof of identity.
WHAT MAKES CEDAR SO GOOD?
A deck made with Real Cedar, one of the world’s most beautiful woods, is apt to be one of the best looking decks in the neighborhood. But Real Cedar timbers has much more going for them than good looks alone.
All wood used in the outdoors must be protected against decay and insect attack. Not only is Real Cedar one of the few woods with its own preservative oils, its freedom from pitch and resin makes it an excellent base for protective coatings.
Western Red Cedar, Thermowood and Siberian Larch are available and welcome your enquiry for these or other timbers.
Enquiries from architects and specifiers, construction companies and specialist cladding companies are welcome – at the earliest stage possible.
We carry Grade 2 clear and better. This grade is the clearest grade usually available in Ireland. Once machined this is grade A cedar.
BENEFITS OF USING CEDAR
- Cedar has rich and variable colours, a high resistance to decay and high durability from natural preservatives.
- It is straight-grained and largely free of knot.
- Cedar is great for internal and external use.
PRESERVING RED CEDAR SHINGLES
If left unstained or unvarnished, cedar timber will eventually turn silvery grey. Alternatively, it can be stained to maintain its rich colours. Stainless steel nails, screws or fixings are strongly recommended.
We at Timberireland.ie & PanelDepot.ie carry a stock range from all the major manufacturers with next day delivery and no minimum order.
- Delivery Fleet to cover all counties in Ireland
- Next Day Delivery Service
- Competitive Delivery Rates
- We adopt an environmental friendly policy on our services